Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Once Upon A Time... (a CW story)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Once Upon A Time... (a CW story) Reply with quote

Once Upon a time, well, a few years ago, the official Celtic Woman Website had a forum. If you are a new CW fan you probably have never heard of it.

It was Fall of 2004 when I was told about Celtic Woman. In 2005 CW had a handful of fans, not as many as today. And they had a small forum---more like a message board. The thread was posted one after the other. You can hardly keep up sometimes of what they are talking about. The forum had a few members---Stu, Paul, Crewella, Michael just to name the ones I can remember. I never registered, I was just there, lurking in the shadows.

Then the forum members multiplied as soon as the PBS show was aired and concerts were scheduled. I joined the old forum when my website was launched October of 2005. I knew it was time for me to maybe stop hiding and start making my mark.

I was there to make sure that no one ever forgot that Meav was coming back (during that time Deirdre took Meav's slot when Meav was on leave).
It was fun to meet new friends, share your expericnes, and just be a part of something big.

It was a family. If you are a new member you probaly missed that original official forum. The ladies post messages and there was so much love on that place.

Like with any family, there were a few bumps along the way. But we stuck together. And somehow since that official forum was taken offline, it was never same again...

But the magic lives on. Celtic Woman is now stronger and more successful than ever. And new fans are joining us everyday. I guess change is inevitable and good.

Someone pointed out that only the moderators and admin post on this humble forum of ours. Sure, our members may be small right now. And that we may not be as big as the other ones out there. But sometimes you have to start small.

There was maybe 5 to 10 people on that old official CW forum in 2005. And I thank those people for bringing so many fans together. They have proven that it is alright to start small.

I honor them for supporting CW.

I am proud of every accomplishment of the ladies. I celebrate with the fans, and share their excitement. I may not post at all the forums anymore since I have no time, but I am there with them.

I gather the infos from all forums and publish it once a month on my newsletter.
I try to bring together all the different forum post info in one medium.
All my friends are now scattered everywhere and call me sentimental, but the newsletter I put together is my way of bringing back the CW love I miss.

I feel so happy everytime a new Fansite or Forum comes around.
Every person who shares their talent to highlight CW and their success is greatly appreciated. And I thank them for all their hard work.

I know CW appreciates their fans. This is why so many is still here supporting the group.

And no matter which forum you post, or which fansite you own or support, you cannot deny the fact that we are all here for the same reasons...to share the CW magic!

More Power to Celtic Woman, all the Fansites and Forums dedicated to this amazing group!

Best Wishes,
Marie-France
CW Fan since Fall 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: