Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
A Farewell Message From Méav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Méav Ni Mhaolchatha
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: A Farewell Message From Méav Reply with quote

A farewell message from Méav
Dear Friends,

After long consideration I have decided to take a full-time break from touring with Celtic Woman to focus on my solo career. I understand the disappointment this may cause my fans and I promise to see you again soon in my own live show.

Touring with Celtic Woman has been a wonderful journey and the warmth and appreciation shown by our millions of fans is overwhelming. Working with such a talented group of singers, musicians and production staff has been an unforgettable honor and I know they will go from strength to strength. I want to thank them all sincerely and also to thank EMI, Celtic Woman and David Downes for giving me this opportunity and for accepting my decision with such generosity. I am delighted to hand over my Celtic Woman touring baton to Lynn Hillary who is a beautiful singer and a great performer.

You will see me at Christmas in the Celtic Woman special to be broadcast on PBS and around the world. You will also hear me next year when I release my new solo album which is a dream I need to follow. I hope you will follow the dream with me.

Yours always,

Méav.

Last edited by Don on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
george
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sad to hear the news that Meav is leaving Celtic Woman because Celtic Woman, the show won't be the same.

But I am also extremely happy as well. Smile Meav has an opportunity to persue her solo career in a way that combines her career and family in a way that touring with CW did not allow. I'm certain that as the opportunity came up, it was the best decision that Meav could have made. And I would like to congratulate Meav and wish her all the best in her successful solo career, for she already had a successful solo career prior to CW. I look forward with great anticipation to see Meav in her solo tour.

And for CW the show, I look forward to the changes that will come about with the addition of Lynn Hillary.

George
zojenk
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meav will be sadly missed but the addition of Lynn will be great for Celtic Woman. She has a fantastic voice and I know she will do a wonderful job and relate well with the other girls. I wish Meav well on her solo journey and look forward to hearing her new CD when it's released.

Zo
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meav I am so happy for you to be able to have an opportunity to do a solo career. I am excited to think that we will still be able to hear you perform. You will do a fabulous job at it. CW will surly miss you though. Good luck and God Bless!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Méav,

Thanks so very much for all the joyous memories from your tenure at Celtic Woman. I am sure it was a hard decision to make. I just cannot imagine Danny Boy being sung by anyone but you. I hope you will keep it in future projects along with the others you have done. The cd's I have of you like Silver Sea and your self titled M?av are the best in my collection. God will hold you in his hands and walk every step of the way with you on your New Journey. Again, THANKS for all you have done and continue to do. Your fans will follow you wherever you may travel. We look forward to seeing and hearing you in the future.

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely said Scott!
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Celtic songbird Méav,

You have made the right decision to further your career and have more time with your family Exclamation We pray and send blessings to you and your family. Hope to see you in the future.

Sarah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Méav Ni Mhaolchatha All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: