Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Celtic Woman or A New Journey?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> What Is Your Favored Celtic Woman Song
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Celtic Woman or A New Journey? Reply with quote

Very Happy This is a one of the toughest questions I have delt with in quite some time. Mine would have to be all of them really. Is really hard to just pick one or so, but if I had to it would be Caledonia, or Spanish Lady.

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy I am starting to like Sing Out alot as well, maybe they could play this in IRAQ!!!! And THE PRAYER too!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Here Are The Top 10 Of My Favorite Celtic Woman Songs Reply with quote

Here Are The Top 10 Of My Favorite Celtic Woman Songs As For Now.

I haven?t heard as many songs of Deirdre Shannon when she was with
Celtic Woman, or Hayley Westenra since she just started with Celtic Woman. I will be listing to more of their music.

Here are the top 10 of my favorites by Celtic Woman as for now.
I haven?t heard as many songs of Deirdre Shannon or Hayley Westenra I will be listing to more of their music.

#10 The Ashoken Farewell/The Contradiction (Live), Played By Mairead Nesbitt = When she starts this out so peaceful then she hits the stage running you just want to get up and run with her.

#9 Si Do Mhaimeo i/The Wealthy Widow (Live), Sung By Meav Ni Mhaolchatha = A very upbeat song it just cheers you up when you are down then when you see the english translation It kind of makes you laugh.

#8 Carrickfergus, Sung By Orla Fallon = I love her singing and I love the harp music.

#7 The Soft Goodbye, Sung By Lisa,Chloe,Meav = I just don?t know what it is about this song I hear it and I just have to sang along.

#6 Someday, Sung By Chloe Agnew = This song reminds me someday no matter how bad things may seam its going to be better Someday One Day Soon.

#5 One World, Sung By Orla,Chloe,Meav,Lisa = This song reminds me I?m no better then anyone else we are all part of this world and we need to try and get along.

#4 The Deer's Cry, Sung By Lisa Kelly = This song makes me want to get on my knees and thank God for everything he?s done for me.

#3 Somewhere, Sung By Meav,Chloe,Lisa,Orla = When they sing this song without any music all my worries just go away.

#2 Lift The Wings, Sung By Lisa Kelly = When I get upset I play this song it calms me down and makes me fill so much better.

And The #1 Song Is

You Raise Me Up, Mairead Nesbitt, plays fiddle then Sung By Lisa Kelly,
Chole Agnew, Meav Ni Mhaolchatha With Orla Fallon, This song makes me fill like I?m going to fly away.

Last edited by Don on Thu May 03, 2007 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
jacl316
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a beginner when it it comes to knowing their songs,but i like all of them in Don's list! plus i get a kick out of mairead playing the fiddle. she seems to be enjoying herself so much. Very Happy
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Welcome jacl316 to the forum. Very Happy Very Happy
Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

Corteo
Silver Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the song Caledonia! I also like At the C?ili!

Skater-Corteo

PS. Thanks for making this so "family-friendly" Don!
nick in denver
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly i have to say my favorite is WALKING IN THE AIR , it was the first song of thiers i ever heard (and the first on the cd) and every time i hear it all the emotion i felt that first time rushes thru me.in addition, when i hear it all the other songs line-up in my head, it's like a funky evelyn wood speed reading cw music course. no other song affects me in this way and that is why it must be my favorite.
Stu Mostinsky
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite song is definitely "Isle of Inisfree" It is such a beautiful song with so much meaning. When Orlagh sings, it just tugs at my heart.
Scott

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: To Many Favorites Reply with quote

I agree with you Larry, there is so many great songs they sing it is real difficult to pick just 1 or 2 of them. I think C/W will appreciate that we cannot just pick just 1 or 2. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: The #1 Song Is Reply with quote

I have tried and tried and finely come up with the # 1 song. That song is Celtic Woman A New Journey they are all #1 you can not pick just one song off of this CD or DVD to be #1. I have played this CD over and over at least 75 to 100 times trying to get sick of hearing it and I can't do it. Every time I play it I like it more and more then go back for more. And honestly . I don't know what to tell you if you don't absolutely love this CD and DVD.

Last edited by Don on Sat May 19, 2007 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is going to very hard to top what C/W has done so far with their 2 smashing cd's. It will be quite interesting to see if the ladies and David Downes will create another show to at least to make a run with what they have already accomplished. Their music will be hard to beat with all that talent they have going on in that production. From the ground up, they seem to have the best people in place. Picking the best song will be a most difficult task.

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu Mostinsky wrote:
my favorite song is definitely "Isle of Inisfree" It is such a beautiful song with so much meaning. When Orlagh sings, it just tugs at my heart.

I agree with Stu 100 percent.

Oh and I also love Meav's songs Wink
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can not answer this question unless I say that I can't pick a favorite. All of their songs are my favoirte. The each mean something special to me on their own and when they are all put together I just about cry. I Love them all! Is that so wrong?
heathbrae
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Favorite CW Songs Reply with quote

#3-Carrickfergus-Sung by Orlagh Fallon-Can it be done with any more emotion?
#2-Send Me a Song-Sung by Lisa Kelly-Many people like other songs of hers better but this one is the most emotional for me.
#1-Mo Ghile Mear-Sung by Entire Ensemble-This is a rousing song I often play when I close down the store I work in for the night.
Honorable Mention-You Raise Me Up-Sung by Entire Ensemble-CW's tribute to their fans, I believe, and a very emotional one as well.
Robert Scott
New Mexico USA
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Don and Scott,

It is very hard to pick a fav song. They just all are. I think if the girls did do another CD with David it would be even better. I think they can top themselve. Any CD of there would be great. They have something very unique and I think if they continue to try it would be amazing. Don't doubt the girls. Have faith in them. David knows what he is doing.
SammieSoprano
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is way too difficult to pick one favorite song, but some that I love to watch on YouTube are At the Ceili, The Voice, Granuaile's Dance, Dulaman, Newgrange, The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun and Caledonia just to name a few.

SammieSoprano
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot Sing Out because it has a great message.

celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think about it. Most all of them have a wonderful message. I think One World has a great message.
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too like One World as well as Sing Out, because of the importance of the message in both of the songs. Their music is all so great. Oh! I can't forget Newgrange, makes me feel like I'm the in the Dark Ages.

Sarah
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orla makes that song seem so powerful. I love to watch her sing that. She does such a good job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> What Is Your Favored Celtic Woman Song All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: