Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Did you attend the Christmas Special In Ireland 7-17/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Did you attend the Christmas Special In Ireland 7-17/18 Reply with quote

If you attended the Christmas Special at the Helix Theatre in Ireland on July 17th or July 18th Tells us how it was and what songs did Celtic Woman sing.
Gray wolf
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: I was at the Christmas taping in Dubln Reply with quote

I went to the CW website flashing the Christmas taping in Dublin. I sent my request and waited for response. When John O? Flanagan emailed me back in May and June and told me two tickets for both nights July 17 & 18 were held in my name at the Helix. That got me to apply for my passport for the first time and expedited it. Also this is my first time to leave the US ever for my new journey to Ireland for a music taping. I had short stay in Dublin for 3 ? days. I arrived on the 17th the hotel I had stayed at had to be close and was about 20 minute walk to the Helix. I got lost when I when I took the bus from the hotel and went further down the street. I got on the bus back and the driver told me where the theater was. But I got my own walking tour of the neighborhoods. Oh the rain and clouds broke later that day which was a first since early June. But it didn?t bother me because I am comfy in that weather. Compared to the 100 degrees temperature in the summer and sometime in the fall and spring time from Los Angeles area I live at.
When I got to the Helix the first night the 17th seeing others and hearing others from the US and this one group who made a sign stating they are from the US sitting in middle front seats above the floor. I knew they be on the video because Ned O? Hanlon was walking where I was sitting. I was sitting on the side of David Downes on the second row near the steps. When the show started I was awed because the dresses the gals were wearing. Well into the 3rd song we were told on of the generators went out. So the break was longer than expected. We went to the lobby and outside eating, drinking and conversing. I saw Ray and introduce my self as he was going back in. I told him where I was from; he was stunned I flew out here. I also told him I played drums twenty years. So on with the first night of the show. When they open the show with ?Carol of the Bells? Wow! What a hitter to start with.
The second night the 18th I showed up an hour or so before the doors opened. There were others from the US too and just talking. I stood by myself but we wanted to be in the front this time. When the doors opened we went to stand in front of the theater doors. I was talking to a couple who flew from London and had friends here too. And we were told to go to the other side because they let this side in first. Well the doors opened and we sat in the same row seats. Ned O? Hanlon came over and told us that he wanted the people with the sign to sit where I was with other guest. He said we can sit in the seats right in front of the stage. So we did and I was sitting front row again!! I told Ned as he was standing next to me while scanning the stage, audience and cameras he did a great job at Slane Castle and thank me. We didn?t want it to that soon and hoped to be a little longer. I was so happy and I was sitting front row my stage left. Let me be clear that I was front row where I rest my feet on the wall of the stage.
Very Happy

Craig
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Craig I bet you had a fabulous time. Thank you for sharing your time there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews