Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Celtic Woman are my ROCK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SammieSoprano
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Celtic Woman are my ROCK! Reply with quote

I just wanted to let the ladies know how much their music and passion mean to me. I am currently working on a solo vocie recital with my current voice teacher. Then there is my past voice teacher who all of a sudden doesn't feel I am ready to do this recital. Her being this way has had me pretty down on myself lately and if it wasn't for Celtic Woman, I don't think I would have strength to believe in myself anymore. These ladies have "saved" my life time and again and I want to makesure they knoew how much they were appreciated.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SammieSoprano,

I know how you feel, my daughter has had the same problems with people doubting if she was ready to sing songs at her recital. She went with her feelings inside her and asked God to help her do her best. She is a freshman at Trinity college working on a major in music. Irish music being her true love. You can do this, believe in your self. you will do just fine!!!!!!!

If we can offer more words of encoragement let us know.

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think lots of us have been through that before. We others doubt you then you start to doubt yourself. I may be the only one who has had that happen to. But it really puts me down.
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Did your daughter ever confront any of the people who felt she was not ready to sing a recital? I ask becuase I have been talking to people about what is oing on and I am getting mixed ideas.
This isue is bothering me so much because not only is this woman my past voice teacher, but director of the church choir I sing with, my past high school choir director and one of what I thought was my closest friends.

celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow Sammie that sounds so painful that this person you trusted and hoped was a good friend just decided to not help you anymore. That must be really hard to deal with.
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does hurt a lot, especially due to the fact that I have been there for her numerous times in the seven years I have known her. She had a difficult time coming into my high school and I was one of a handful of students who actually stood up for her and protecteced her; and this is the thanks I get. Talk about a slap across the face! Evil or Very Mad

celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is a big slap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, she did. She did in a way that she was very nice about it and asked them for the truth no matter what. Kaitlin got the answers from the people some were real honest and found out that some were not friends at all. No matter what people tell you rely on your faith and trust in GOD!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Our Heavenly Father will help in your descision.
Sammie you will be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

That goes for all of our members here on this forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SammieSoprano
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. It means a great deal to me because I am finally getting to do something I love (singing in my own recital) which I felt I have been fighting since I was younger for. I thought I had countless people to support me, only to find out that most of these people really didn't care about me at all. I know that if it wasn't for the people in this forum, God and talented artists such as Celtic Woman, I would have given up on my dreams long ago and God only knows where I would be right now. So thank you all from the bottom of my heart Smile

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU GO Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation We are there with you all the way Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Let go and God will take care of the rest. We will be there in thought and spirit. (Dazzle them with a Celtic Woman song or two). Let us know when you make your first record and start your own tour. Exclamation Exclamation

Congratulations,
Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sammie how exciting about your own recital. Congrats on that and please let us know how it goes.
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been quite busy with singing latlely. I recently did another solo recital at the end of December at my home church and I recieved a standing ovation (if that doesn't make my rude past teacher shut up, I don't know what will). Some of the people who attended the recital were brought to tears by my singing and have asked me to join the choir; there is also a possibility that I may have a job as a cantor/soloist. We will have to see Very Happy Due to these circumstances(and the encouraging words of family, friends and those here in the forum, I might be leaving the choir directed by my rude past teacher because I can not take her ego any longer; when it is no longer fun/enjoyable to attend rehearsals, I knew it was time to get out). I have also joined a local choir known as Masterworks Chorale, with whom I will be singing Brahms' Requiem.
Thank you all again for the encouraging words!

celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammie that is fantastic news. I hope everything continues to get better and you can just sing your heart out. Keep up the work. Don't give up. If you truely want to do this then you set out to do it. Go for it girl. Good luck in all of it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation We are all so proud of you and the accomplishments you have worked so hard for. You will be successful in whatever your endeavors in life you choose. Remember have faith and trust in the Lord!!!
Again, Congratulations.

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

SammieSoprano
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: I ROCKED my recital! Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know my reictal went fabulously this weekend. I performed my program with dignity and grace, while managing not to forget any words what-so-ever. I have even been told I need to "re-do" the recital closer to home because some people were not able to make it that day. Thanks again for all your kind words Smile

celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad your recital went very well. Glad we could support you however it may be. I hope everything continues to go well for you. Let us know how the second one goes if you do have a second one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: