Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Celtic Woman Concert Experience Nov 9, 2007 Rupp Arena

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Celtic Woman Concert Experience Nov 9, 2007 Rupp Arena Reply with quote

We had our Celtic Woman concert on Friday Nov.9, 2007 and it was great. If you haven't had your turn yet, you will love it. Our concert had over 4,000 people there. We learned there where a lot of people there who did not know who each of the Celtic Women were, or anything about them. They said they had seen them on PBS but didn't know them by name or anything about them.
Before the concert started we were telling the people next to us all about Celtic Woman
The one lady said she wish she had just bought their CD and not come, I told her, I promise you won't be sorry you come. I was telling her there would be what looked like smoke but it was just fog for effect
Then as the concert started with The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun. It was great to be at another Celtic Woman concert. The first half was fantastic.
During the Intermission I ask the lady next to us what she thought , She said you were right they are great what a show WOW.
She started asking us questions about Celtic Woman, who is the readhead? We said that is Órlagh she is the one playing the harp.
Then she ask who is the one who is pregnant we told her that was Lisa and she had 2 other children.
I said was I right about Máiréad. She said I was, she was all over the stage she said she sure has a lot of energy.
She then ask me who the one in the blue dress was? I told her that was Chloë she was the youngest one of the group she just turned 18
Then she want to know about Lynn, we told her she was new and we didn't know a lot about her, she said I thought she was new she seems to be a little scared.
I told her wait until the second half starts it gets even better. She said really I said it sure does and M?ir?ad has a song that will get the crowd hoping. she said oh yea.
The second half started with Lynn singing Dúlaman, she done really good. I was surprised. Celtic Woman had done a really good job of picking Méav's replacement. She sounds a lot like Méav.
Then when Máiréad started playing Shenandoah-The Pacific Slope the house come down everybody was clapping and the woman next to us was clapping as loud as anyone. It was great.
Then after the concert I ask the woman. Well has Celtic Woman got some new fans. She said they sure have that was absolutely wonderful. Then we had even more people come up to us and ask more questions about Celtic Woman. I was so happy we we were able to answer their questions and help them to get to know Celtic Woman better.
I know without a doubt when Celtic Woman comes back to town, there will be even more fans in the crowd after the response we got from this concert. There were also 4 encores.
This concert was truly amazing. It is sure good news to know Celtic Woman will be coming back in the spring. If you ever get the chance please go see Celtic Woman. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Don on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Scott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soooooo glad you and Ann had your night with Celtic Woman! Very Happy Very Happy
You all certainly deserved it. It was good to here that Lynn was real good. Sounds like days of old when Rick Pitino use to fill Rupp arena with all kinds of University of Kentucky Wildcat fans. I am sure they did not allow pics there. Maybe next time. Again glad you all had fun.

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, I am so glad you had a good time and you and I had a new deal with new people becoming fans. I had people asking me all about them too. Did you tell them about the forum?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews