Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
First Impression: Celtic Woman At The BJCC Concert Hall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: First Impression: Celtic Woman At The BJCC Concert Hall Reply with quote

Pop quiz: Does the song "You Raise Me Up" inspire a) unbridled joy or b) cynical snorts? Celtic Woman certainly hopes for the former. (Special)

Can you have too much pretty?

That's the question I kept asking myself tonight. watching Celtic Woman perform at the BJCC Concert Hall in Birmingham.

All that cooing, swaying talent on stage tended to set my teeth on edge, making me feel like Elphaba in "Wicked," railing against the saccharine outpourings of Glinda.

Actually, Celtic Woman's "Songs From the Heart" show reminded me of a Broadway musical -- the kind mom loves with abandon (So wholesome! So inspirational!) and I grudgingly manage to tolerate.

I think you can overdose on pretty, in the same way you can overindulge on birthday cake. Fact is, Celtic Woman had far too many layers of sweetness for my taste.

For a full review, look later on al.com or see Friday's edition of the Birmingham News.

By Mary Colurso
The Birmingham News
April 14, 2010, 11:45PM
Birmingham, AL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews