Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
McFadden Stays In Tune With Irish Ways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: McFadden Stays In Tune With Irish Ways Reply with quote

St Lucia in the Caribbean is Susan McFadden's favourite spot

Susan McFadden, Lisa Lambe, Chloë Agnew, Máiréad Nesbitt of Celtic Woman. Picture: Supplied

What three things would you take friends visiting Dublin to see?

SM: Trinity College to see the Book of Kells. Temple Bar for the great bars and live Irish music and the Guinness Factory. I went there myself for the first time a few years ago and it was great. I know it's not very Irish but I'd never drunk Guinness until I went to the factory. They teach you how to drink it, how to appreciate the taste of it, and now I love to have a pint.

What's your favourite destination in the world?

SM: St Lucia is probably the most exotic holiday I've been on - warm water and white sand beaches.

Best thing you've eaten while travelling?

SM: In Cape Town, I did a taster menu of all these traditional South African cuisines. I think one of the things I ate was ostrich. I'd normally be really funny eating something like that but it was delicious, very different and really good.

Have you been somewhere you've loved for work that wasn't otherwise on your travel radar?

SM: We did a tour of Germany last summer. I was blown away by it. It's such a beautiful country. We (the cast and crew) would hire bicycles and ride through the cobblestone streets, past churches and old buildings. The people were so friendly and we obviously tried all the German beers. I was really taken by what a special place it was.

Worst place you've ever stayed?

SM: There have been a few (laughs). I went on a caravan holiday with my fiance a few years ago by the coast in England. We booked a caravan that would allow us to bring our dog and when we got there it was just abysmal. We were stuck in a dingy caravan with the rain pouring down the whole time we were there. It was no Four Seasons like.

Big city hotel or bed and breakfast?

SM: A comfy hotel by the sea, where I can sit on the balcony and watch the ocean.

Is there anything you can't travel without?

SM: My phone and my pyjamas. I think I have more pyjamas in my suitcase than anything else. We wear these really tight corsets during the show - not the most comfortable thing to be wearing for two-and-a-half hours every night, so it's such a relief getting into your cosy pyjamas. As soon as the show is over it's shower, pyjamas and then straight on the tour bus for a cup of tea and bed. It's not very rock and roll but it's the best feeling in the world.

Celtic Woman is touring nationally in September. See celticwoman.com for more.

Chanel Parratt
Escape
news.com.au
August 18, 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews