Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
A Little Bit About Mairéad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Mairéad Carlin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: A Little Bit About Mairéad Reply with quote

Born in Derry, in the north of Ireland, Mairead Carlins life has been immersed in music since her early days, coming from a family whose love of song was passed down to her generation.

Derry, my hometown, is a very cultured and very musical place, wherever you turn there is always music, she enthuses. That was especially true in my family. We had just sit around the fire, sing and drink tea there was no alcohol involved, despite what people always think about the Irish!

After finishing her studies at Trinity College of Music in London, Mairead was signed to Decca Records and has recorded her debut album, Songbook, due for release in 2014.

Mairead has performed for the President of Ireland, celebrated the Irish Anthem for the England-Ireland Rugby International to a TV audience of millions and shared the stage with the likes of Snow Patrol and The Priests at the 2013 BBC TV Gala Concert Sons and Daughters to mark Derrys year as City of Culture- of which she also recorded the City of Culture anthem Let The River Run.

She has toured the UK and Ireland with legendary American singer-songwriter Don McLean, including a sellout concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Also this year, Mairead made her debut with the National Symphony Orchestra in the National Concert Hall for RTE TV.

A motto I have used throughout my career so far, she says, is a quote from the award-winning poet Seamus Heaney: Sing yourself to where the singing comes from. I think there is a lot to be said for that.

We are delighted to be welcoming Mairead to Celtic Woman.

From the Cetic Woman Website
8/27/2013

To see a photo of Mairead Click Here http://www.celticwoman.com/mairead-carlin/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Mairéad Carlin All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: