Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Celtic Woman Brings Irish Design Talent To World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Celtic Woman Brings Irish Design Talent To World Reply with quote

Irish designer Synan O'Mahony dressing the four singers Susan McFadden, Mairead Nesbit, Mairead Carlin and Lynn Hilary from Celtic Women for their upcoming world tour. Picture:Arthur Carron

The 10th anniversary Celtic Woman tour sets off around the world packed with talent, new songs and a mesmerising array of Irish fashion to impress audiences across Europe, America, Australia and the Far East.

The man behind the glamorous gunas is Limerick-born, Dublin-based couturier, Synan O'Mahony, who burned the midnight oil to have 12 new dresses completed for the tour premiere at Dublin's 3Arena last Saturday.

When the four performers - vocalists Susan McFadden, Mairead Carlin, Lynn Hilary and violinist Mairead Nesbitt - tried on their new outfits at Synan's Dun Laoghaire studio, the designer stressed the importance of stage craft, marrying drama-filled, sexy silhouettes with layers of luxurious fabrics that the lights will love.

However, a crucial factor is playing to the strengths of each performer's personality in fabric and embellishment.

"I asked the girls for a list of their likes and dislikes and then I sketched solo dresses that played to their personalities and their performances on stage," said Synan.

"Mairead Nesbitt moves around the stage a lot with her violin so I did sequinned leggings with a mini skirt with bustle. I knew how she loved her Michael Kors rose gold jewellery, so I designed a gold gown for her," he said.

There was synchronicity when Mairead Carlin sent a picture from Derry of a black dress she had seen on a red carpet and it turns out that Synan had already designed a black, beaded tulle gown with plunging neckline for her.

For petite singer Lynn Hilary - who is a niece of the broadcaster and former singer, Maxi - Synan created a stunning beaded and satin gown in shades of teal.

One of Susan McFadden's bewitching outfits in the show is a royal blue duchesse satin corset with a silk, ruffled, hourglass skirt that plays up her shapely, Jessica Rabbit figure.

Irish Independent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: