Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Reviews Of Celtic Woman From 2/25/2007 To 4/30/2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reviews Of Celtic Woman From 2/25/2007 To 4/30/2007 Reply with quote

Here are some Reviews I found At http://www.ticketsnow.com/TicketsList.aspx?PID=472591
After you read through the Celtic Woman Reviews Summary at the top. Then start at the bottom and read up The first review at the bottom Starts 2/25/2007 and then going up to 4/30/2007 at the Top. There are more reviews at this website but they are for 2006

Celtic Woman Reviews
Irish female singers take the stage in Celtic Woman a graceful concert experience! Celtic Woman features such talented singers as Chloe Agnew, Deirdre, Orla Fallon, Lisa Kelly, Meav Ni Mhaolchatha, and Mairead Nesbitt! Don't miss your chance to experience the critically acclaimed Celtic Woman! Buy your Celtic Woman tickets now!

CELTIC WOMAN REVIEWS SUMMARY
Avg. Customer Rating: 4.5 (based on 43 reviews)
Customers most agreed on the following attributes:
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It (39), Engaging Stage Presence (35), Great Sound (34), Great Lighting (26), Great Encores (25)
Cons:
Too Short (6), Poor Set List (2), None (2), Seats were uncomfortable (1), Seating was tight. (1)
Best For:
Everyone (35), Casual Fans (7), Die-Hards Only (4), Completely Unfamiliar (4), Not for fans of fold musi (1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

I'd do it again
By Maintenance man from Spring Valley, Il on 4/30/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
This was the best night of our lives in years!
Best For:
Everyone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments:

very entertaining worth every penny
By bosoxfan12345 from kansas city missouri on 4/27/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Incredible musicians, Perfect Set List
Best For:
Everyone, New life long fan
i spent 280.00 for 2 tickets and would spend it again. very entertaining show was very well put together

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Even better live than on DVD!
By Frank B. from Portage, MI on 4/24/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Sound
The full orchestra wasn't there... but it didn't matter! The live musicians that were there were incredible, especially the percussioninsts. The entire show surpassed my expectations. It was fantastic! The Peoria Civic Center Arena was a great venue. Easily accessible from the new interstate and lots of parking.
Best For:
Everyone
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

WOULD PAY MORE PER TICKET FOR THIS SHOW
By OODIE from CARTHAGE, ILLINOIS on 4/23/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, ENTHRALLING, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound
WAS AMAZED AT THE QUALITY OF A LIVE PERFORMANCE IN COMPARISON WITH A CD OR DVD. THEY TRULY HAVE AMAZING VOICES. SHOW HAD MY COMPLETE ATTENTION AT EVERY SECOND.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

Spellbinding!!!
By Kelly from New Paris,IN on 4/19/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
Cons:
None
I've been a fan since the first CD. The show was amazing. Everyone including the back-up singers and the musicians were absolutely flawless. It brought tears to my eyes when they sang "The Soft Goodbye", and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Also be prepared to watch the show get totally stolen my Mairead(the fiddle player), she is enchanting!
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

The Performance Was Outstanding!!!!!
By the bowler from Cedar Rapids, Iowa on 4/19/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
We drove 300 miles to see this concert. It was fantastic. We would recommend this to anyone.
Best For:
Everyone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Stunning!
By Patrick from Milwaukee, WI on 4/16/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
Best For:
Everyone
It was just stunning. Far more than I expected. Usually when I leave sonething like this I have all kinds of things to say. Tonight in Milwaukee I was speechless. My wife liked that part.
Best For:
Everyone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Enough for all ages
By ken from Louisville Ky. on 4/16/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound
cons:
Too far away from the stage!
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

magical and uplifting
By whit from Noblesville, Indiana on 4/13/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Great Sound
Cons:
None
Even better than I thought. Gave everyone a bit of peace & joy for a short a while. Presentation without any political statements or overtones....just pure enjoyment.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

Great Concert, Expensive Seating
By PJ from Maineville, Ohio on 4/8/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
Cons:
Expensive tickets, Poor View of the Stage
The Celtic Woman concert was wonderful. However, we were very disappointed with our seats. The tickets were over priced. [...]. We had difficulty seeing the stage.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

Fantastic
By joe from Cincinnati Ohio on 4/5/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound
Very enjoyable night
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

awesome performance!
By the bad ju ju from st clair shores mich on 4/5/2007
Pros:
from the moment the lights dimmed everyone was awestruck. the group sang and played their hearts out. I wanted to see them last summer but no one would believe how good they are but now they do. hip, hip, hooray for an excellent experience.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

The BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Pat from Strongsville, Ohio on 4/5/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Sound
Cons:
Too Short
The girls and their voices make you feel happy to be ALIVE!! It was by far, the best concert I have been too. I just wished it would be longer because you do not get tired of hearing them sing and absorbing all of their energy.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

[...]/ Fabulous show
By Tadhg from Detroit, Michigan on 4/3/2007
Pros:
I have no words to describe this performance. I'm bamboozled.... from start to finish you couldn't hear a pin drop. I just wanted it to go on for ever. I would love to see another date set for Detroit 'cause I'd be there again. The Fox Theater is absolutely the Jewel in the crown of Detroit. The performers are World Class. What more could an exile want. Please come back to Detroit.[...]
Best For:
Everyone
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Celtic Woman - Atlanta, March 27, 2007
By Delta Don from Roswell, GA, USA on 3/30/2007
Pros:
A 10 on the Wow meter!, Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound
Cons:
Too Short
The Fox Theater in Atlanta is spectacular and a perfect venue to stage this show. It was a spellbinding 2-1/2 hours and a perfect 10 on the Wow meter!
Best For:
And Leprechauns, Everyone
Comments:

Great Show
By John from Ortley Beach, New Jersey on 3/19/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
Enjoyed it from start to finish
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

Great Show, Loved it!
By Carla from Nyack ,N.Y. on 3/18/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It
Cons:
Too Short
The performance was wonderful. The voices of the women blend together in perfect harmony. To me It sounded like what I imagine the voices of angels would sound. The use of celtic traditional instraments was an added treat.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

Irish Magic
By Tricia from Wappingers Falls, NY on 3/17/2007
Pros:
It was a great show! My husband is the fan and these tickets were a gift from me. I did not expect to enjoy the show. The sets and lighting were excellent. The drum set up fantastic. Great job!
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

GREAT Enjoyed it thoroughly.
By PL from East Lyme, CT on 3/17/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores
Best For:
Casual Fans, Completely Unfamiliar, Die-Hards Only, Everyone
Unbelievable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Great way to spend a girls night out
By loved it from new hampshire on 3/14/2007
Pros:

I have seen Celtic Women on PBS. Seeing them in person was thrilling. I went with 2 other friends and we were mesmerized by their voices. These women have the voices of angels. Their coatumes were beautiful without being over the top and their movements around the stage made them look as if they were floating. The violin solo's were fasinating and she danced like a wood fairy. I will see them again.
Best For:
Everyone
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments:

Great show
By Doc from East Lyme, CT on 3/13/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Sound, Perfect Set List
Cons:
Seats were uncomfortable
Got great seats on the floor (7 rows back - dead center) but seats were not very comfortable. All performers (singers and musicians) excellent. Crowd did get into it - especially the Irish crowd.
Best For:
Casual Fans, Completely Unfamiliar
Comments:

Celtic Women Boston
By Michelle from South End, Boston on 3/11/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores
Cons:
Back lighting was blindin
We had a great time. I was not as familiar with them as the person I went with and loved every minute of it. They are very talented and entertain well. The backlight on them was too overpowering for the audience, many were shading/covering their eyes. That is the only complaint!
Best For:
Casual Fans, Die-Hards Only, Everyone
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

Relaxing Change of Pace and Fun
By John from Boston, MA on 3/10/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence

Enjoyable evening. Started with a brisk walk (and we do mean brisk as it was 7 degrees and surely below 0 with wind)from dinner to show. Not your typical pop or rock concert, but a nice relaxing show with a good mix of voices. Expecting mostly Irish music, it was surprisingly nice to hear such songs as 'Sail Away' done very well by all with great harmony. The slower ballads were spiced up throughout the evening by a very talented fiddle player who not only played extrodinarily well, but moved liked a gymnast with ease from every corner of the stage and kept the crowd cheering for more. The audience ranged in all ages from young children to the grandparents of those children. Pleasant change from rock, pop or folk concerts to a more fun evening with your spouse or best friends.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

Venue disapointing
By Lisa from Peabody, MA on 3/10/2007
Pros:
Great Sound
Cons:
Crowd Was Not Into It, Poor Set List, Poor Sound Quality

The show was okay. The music was great and the singing was also great. I love watching the celtic women on tv. The venue, although, was VERY DISAPOINTING. We had tickets sitting in the first row off of the floor. The floor seats did not occupy the entire "ice" floor so a lot of people, including event staff and security, we standing in our view of the stage. Staff allowed people to get settled and take their coats off right in front of us, in our view. I know I didn't have the most expensive seats in the house but we were so far away that I heard them sing, but could not honestly tell if they were moving their mouths. It was also freezing in there until the second half of the show. I kept my coat, scarf and gloves on. Again, I know I didn't have the most expensive seats in the house but I could have saved myself a lot of money by buying their CD and listening to it warm at home because I had to close my eyes and "just listen" because of all the interuptions to my sight line of the stage. I would go see the Celtic Women again, but I will never go to anything but a hockey game at the Verizon Arena again. Overall, I would say my experience was just average at best.......very disapointing!

Comments:

TOP NOTCH
By Jimbo from Chelmsfofd, MA on 3/10/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Encores, Great Lighting, Great Sound, Music was great, Perfect Set List, Warmed up the whole arena
It was a very cold night outside but the entertainment,the music,the entertainers warmed every one up Inside. Show was very well produced. Recommend show to every one.
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

celtic woman
By tanman from wallingford ct. on 3/5/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Great Lighting, Great Sound
Its was a great experience, I had great seats up front. You spend more, but it was worth it
Best For:
Casual Fans

Comments:

An Experiance of a life time
By veilside impreza man from Corriganville,Maryland on 2/26/2007
Pros:

I was very happy to be a part of Celtic Woman.The ladies are very gorgious women and have the most beautiful voices that I have ever heard.The one that plays the fiddle is the best fiddle player that I have ever heard also.I just wish that I would have been able to meet them personally and get thier autographs.I also wish Haley Westenra would have been there because she is the most beautiful woman and has the most beautiful voice that I have ever heard.Haley is my most favorite Celtic woman.I would move to New Zealand to be with her.

Comments:

Beautiful experience. Amazing!
By Bfit or Rust from Lincoln, DE on 2/26/2007
Pros:
Cons:
1 12hrs not long enough
This was absolutely the best entertainment available. You don't have to be Irish to enjoy beautiful music and angelic voices.
Best For:
Casual Fans, Completely Unfamiliar, Everyone

Comments:

Mesmorizing Performances!
By Trish from Chaptico, MD on 2/26/2007
Pros:
A pure delight from the beautiful blend of voices, the solos, the over the top "fiddle" playing and the "beat" of drums. Everyone was either melting from the sheer beauty of the songs and girls, to clapping and tapping to the electricity of the performances. Music at its purest and best!!!
Best For:
Everyone
Comments:

BEAUTIFUL
By [...] from spartanburg sc on 2/26/2007
Pros:
Cons:
Too Short
MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN LONGTIME FANS BUT TO SEE THIS GROUP IN PERSON IS FANTASTIC. THE TALENT AND STAGE PRESENCE OF THE LADIES, THE MUSIC, THE BACKGROUND SINGERS, PERCUSSIONISTS, STRINGS AND THE GENIUS OF DAVID DOWNDES MADE FOR A PERFECT EVENING. IN SPITE OF THE BI-LO CENTERS ACOUSTICS, WE WOULD CERTAINLY GO AGAIN AND WE ARE RECOMMENDING THEM TO EVERYONE WE KNOW. i HOPE THAT THEY COME BACK TO SOUTH CAROLINA VERY SOON. AND WE CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEIR NEXT DVD AND CD.
Best For:
Everyone

Comments:

A Feel Good Truely Inspiring Performance
By Dave from Baltimore, MD on 2/25/2007
Pros:
Crowd Was In To It, Engaging Stage Presence, Great Sound
I was overwhelmed a few times and felt a strong emotional response. The voices were as pure and beautiful as can be. The accompanyment, in particular the drummer was fantastic. I would have liked a few more occassions wheere the drummers and other back up instruments played a bigger part. There is nothing that can be said of Mairead other than absolutely pnenominal - a true show stopper.
Best For:
Everyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Celtic Woman The Group All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: