Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
My Celtic Woman Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: My Celtic Woman Experience Reply with quote

My Wife and I were watching TV in 2006 flipping through the channels when we came across a PBS station and there was Celtic Woman. We could not believe our ears; the music was so beautiful. I said to my Wife aren't they great, she agreed. As the concert took a break the host came on and said for a pledge of $200.00 you can receive 2 tickets to see Celtic Woman in person and there will be a drawing for a chance to get tickets to meet and greet these lovely ladies after the concert. I told my wife we have to get those tickets she said what are you waiting for call them. I called in and we got on the list to receive the tickets they told me we would have to pick our tickets up at the box office the night of the concert and we would receive a confirmation in a few weeks and it would let us know if we were chosen for the meet and greet. We received the confirmation but no meet and greet we were disappointed but we said that is OK we still get to see Celtic Woman in person and that's great. I believe this was in February and the concert wasn't till April and it seamed like time was just creeping by finally it was 1 week until the concert.
Then 3 days before the concert I was getting out of bed. I sat up and stretched and I said oh no. You guessed it my back went out and I could not move without it hurting all the way to my toes. Needless to say we missed the concert. Boy were we very very disappointed. I?m OK now but boy was that was bad timing for my back to go out.
This year we got our tickets again and this time we got the meet and greet.Yah hoo. If my back decides to act up again this year they will just have to roll me in strapped to a dolly (hand cart) because I'm not going to miss this concert.

Last edited by Don on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stu Mostinsky
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got home from the show last night at 2:00am and I had a great time. The show was fantastic! They played lots of songs from the Slane show, and they did a few oldies from the first show. The dresses for the chorus girls were much better. and they changed the gowns for the girls too. They all looked incredible. I had the pleasure of meeting a few forum buddies while in jacksonville, and that was really nice. I have to tell you a little story. I was inside the gift shop of the Omni hotel (I needed to buy a hankie) and I heard a voice saying "Hi Stu" I turned to see who it was and it was Meav. That was a bit of a shocker. As I walked through the lobby, I see Lisa waving to say hello. After a quick chat, I started to leave and walking right towards me was Órlagh. Now that was a great way to start the day. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, nicer people you will never meet.
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: I am so Jealous Reply with quote

I can hardly wait for our turn. A month and a half to go. I'm really happy for you Stu that was great.
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Two days till the Charlotte shows!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to a concert on June 2. It was the best thing to have happened to me to this date. The concert was so moving. Their voices were so strong and clear. It made all the difference in the world to see them live. It made me fall more in love with their music. I didn't want the concert to ever end. But sadly it did. But as we (my mom and I) were walking to our car we noticed a big crowd of people hanging around the side of the theater. We decided to see what was going on. Well we realized that the girls bus was going to come pick them up right there by the side door. So we watched them load onto the bus and see them head off for the next concert. I got one good picture of Meav but didn't get any of the other girls. They didn't stop to sign any autographs because you could tell they were all tired. But they were very nice to stand there and wave and pose for just a little while. I can not wait to maybe go to another show and maybe even meet the girls.
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get your pics back, I hope you will post and share on the forum. We would love to see the pics!!!!

Scott
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is just one of Meav getting on the bus but I will try to post it soon. Don't have much time right now. But I will do my best.
celtic_girlakp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my pic up on photobucket of Meav if you would like to check it out. It is to big to post on here so just letting you know.

The link is....

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x82/akpstar4/?action=view&current=meav.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews