Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index

Time In Ireland Is
Celtic Women's New Song Is A Tribute To The America Dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Celtic Women's New Song Is A Tribute To The America Dream Reply with quote

Celtic Women's New Song Is A Tribute To Pursuing The American Dream

Celtic Woman knows what it means to pursue a dream. With voices like angels, the 5 Irish female ensemble have been uplifting audiences of all ages with their PBS TV specials, popular concert tours and with their latest album "The Greatest Journey.” Most recently they were seen by 23 million viewers on Dancing With The Stars (ABC TV) when they performed the Brendan Graham original "You Raise Me Up.” Also written by Brendan Graham, along with William Joseph, and exclusively for Celtic Woman, is the patriotic song “O, America!” that has been a highlight of the group’s current 75-date Isle of Hope concert tour. Due to overwhelming demand from their fans, the song was released as a digital download and ringtune.

As the youngest member Chloe explained to the audience at a recent concert,"’O, America!’ is a dedication to the first country to welcome us as Celtic Woman. You are our true inspiration! We feel as though we are part of your family now and for that we are very honored and proud."

In just four short years, the group has sold more than 4 million CDs and DVDs, played seven US tours, and performed for more than 800,000 people. Meanwhile, the three Celtic Woman PBS Specials have aired more than 13,658 times on 685 PBS stations across the country, covering 97% of US television households. The group will continue to perform "O, America!" in their Isle of Hope tour that runs through July. “O, America!” will also be included on the group’s upcoming PBS TV special scheduled to premiere on the network in December.

LYRICS

O, America, you're calling
I can hear you calling me
You are calling me…to be true to thee
True to thee… I will be
O, America, you’re weeping
Let me heal your wounded heart
I will keep you in my keeping
Till there’ll be... a new start

[Chorus]
And I will answer you, and I will take your hand
And lead you to the sun
And I will stand by you… do all that I can do
And we will be as one
O, America, I hear you
From your prairies to the sea
From your mountains grand… and all through this land
You are beautiful to me

O, America, you’re calling
I can hear you calling me
You are calling me… to be true to thee
True to thee… I will be

O, America, you’re calling
I… will ever answer thee

Comments

Cato Meador says:

Celtic Woman is a wonderful, magical miracle that, especially the original cast, made huge waves in the world of music! Nothing but positive music. Anyone who hasn't heard them, should take time out to buy any of their dvd's or any of their cd's or their latest digital single download "O America"! youtube is also a very good source for familiarizing yourselves with these beautiful, charming ladies who include world-class vocalists Chloe Agnew and Lisa Kelly!!
July 2, 5:13 PM

Suzanna Bowling
NY Broadway Theater Examiner
Denver, CO
July 2, 11:06 AM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Celtic Woman Fan Site Forum Index -> Tell Us About Your Celtic Woman Experience,
Reviews and Interviews